101st Annual Day Celebrations
St. John Ambulance Association [SJA] Maharashtra State Centre is celebrating its 101 years of yeoman public service in First Aid Training to all citizens. We also undertake several social service initiatives throughout the year. It is our endeavour to target the youth of the country to spread the message and create awareness.
Garden School Christmas Party
SJA organised a Christmas party for the underprivileged children of the Garden School Mumbai, on the 20th of December 2017. Two hundred and three children in the age group of 4-5 years, participated in the merriment. These included children from three centers- Meeranagar in Colaba, Reay Road in Byculla and The Garden School in Colaba.
They were presented with school bags and other Christmas goodies and had a jolly good time playing games.
Poster Competition On Traffic Rules And Regulations
SJA organised Poster competitions for school children on Traffic Rules in order to inculcate civic sense and encourage discipline in following Traffic regulations on our Mumbai roads. This would help in reducing accidents and casualties on our roads, besides reducing traffic snarls and congestion and saving on commuter time.
- 9th December 2017
- Lady Engineer High School, Gamadia Colony, Tardeo
- Lady Engineer High School
- Alexandra Girls’ English Institute
- Sir J. J. Girls’ High School
- Sir J. J. Fort High School
- Bharda New High School
- Blossoms Sunderbai Thackersey English Medium School
- HVB Global Academy
- St. Xavier’s Boy’s Academy
- St. Columba School
- Bai R. F. D.Panday Girls’ High School
- Sharad Mandir High School
- 16th December 2017
- St.Xavier’s High school Airoli
- Sai Holy Faith High School
- Ryan International School, Kharghar
- St Xavier’s High School Airoli
As part of our Celebrations, we propose to carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Poster competition in 3 zones in Mumbai Schools and for under privileged children.
- A Skit on “Traffic Rules” to prevent head injury & accidents at a formal function.
- Free First Aid Training for upto 50 volunteers.
- Free First Aid Training for Teachers and NGOs of Differently Abled Children
- Donation of up to 2 Dialysis machines for public use.
- Mumbai Marathon participation.
- Formal function at Talyerkhan Hall.
- Blood Donation Camps.
- Medical Camps.
- Donation of School Kits (School bag, raincoat etc) to underprivileged children.
- Donation of T-Shirts.
- Sponsoring a play with a major Production House.